In the portal corner, the following was important this month:
- SUN: no updates
- One UI to rule them all: Check out this introduction of a new management console in Liferay Portal. This portal product is definitely going to be more and more interesting among the free portal products!
- Oracle Fusion Middleware Radio has released some talks about portal product roadmaps. No much news if you followed all our portal updates so far ;-). But if you are interested in to listen to them, here they are:
Oracle WebLogic Portal Roadmap (formerly BEA WebLogic Portal)
Oracle WebCenter Interaction Roadmap (formerly BEA AquaLogic User Interaction)
Oracle Portal Roadmap
- Release of JBoss Portal 2.7.1 which is a maintenance release for the 2.7 series that support JSR-286 portlets. The detailed release notes can be found here.
- The JBoss Portlet Bridge has reached Beta 6 and it integrates Seam and RichFaces. Documentation on this Beta release can be found here.
- Next-Gen Identity API for JBoss Portal is in public review. Check their documentation here.
- eXo Portal 2.5.1, a maintenance release, is now available and has finalized its support of Right-To-Left languages like arabic. See video here.
- eXo Portal and Spring Security: This is a very nice documentation released in January about how to integrate Spring Security 2.5.x into eXo Portal.
- Other portal and Java related quick news:
Jan-26: JSR-299: WebBeans is dead. Long live Java Contexts and Dependency Injection!
Jan-23: Java EE 6 has gone Public Review!
- WebBeans (Gavin King, JSR 299, @TA )
- Bean Validation (Emmanuel Bernard, JSR 303, @TA )
- JSF 2.0 (Ed Burns & Roger Kitain, JSR 314, @TA )
- Servlet 3.0 (Rajiv Mordani, JSR 315, @TA )
- JPA 2.0 (Linda DeMichiel, JSR 317, @TA )
- EJB 3.1 (Ken Saks, JSR 318 @TA )
- JCA 1.6 (Binod PG & Sivakumar Thyagarajan, JSR 322, @TA )
Jan-18: Performance Analysis: VisualVM 1.1 has been released!
Dec-16: JBoss Application Server 5.0 has gone GA. So JBoss has finally joined the list of "Java EE 5 Compatible Implementations".
- Portal Pack 3.0 Beta is now available
- IBM: no portal news
- Eclipse: no portal news
- IntelliJIDEA: no portal news